1. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
2. Blessed are those who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
3. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
5. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
6. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the sons of God.
8. Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
9. Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven.
Back to “The Private Readings & Prayers”